My priorities for Cumbria
- Ensure a visible Police presence, defending frontline policing and fighting for a fairer share of the budget
- Protect neighbourhood and community policing, support our officers and PCSOs
- Tackling domestic violence and sexual exploitation
- Champion a thorough investigation into the Poppi Worthington case.
- Raising awareness and tackling cyber crime, crimes against business and common scams
- Champion the rights of victims of crime, use restorative justice and provide appropriate victim support
- Campaign for new laws to tackle new crimes - crime has changed but we have not
Do you agree with Teresa May and think the PCCs powers should be extended?
Sign up for the latest news, events, articles and updates.
We won’t share your email address with anyone else and will only send you information about this site and the PCC campaign.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Being a PCC isn't a political post, it's about the right person for the job
As a Liberal Democrat, I believe firmly that all power must be held accountable. Although I don’t think that the system of Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) is the best way to do this, it is necessary to try to hold the authorities accountable with the system that is in place. Although in the post I would act in an independent manner, I am standing for election as a Liberal Democrat. I've been a Lib Dem member and campaigner for years and I think it would be unethical to pretend to be anything else ..... read more here